Tuesday, October 21, 2014

When Winnie the Pooh Hits Close to Home

Paxton and I have been having some very productive days in homeschool. Pax is learning to do some basic two and three word sentence reading and he is really concentrating for much longer periods of time than he did the first few weeks of school. This week I felt especially emotional about our homeschool experience because I know it is for only a season and I keep praying that this season can last forever.

We started reading The House at Pooh Corner last week and I really hoped Pax would enjoy this book because I have always been a fan of Winnie the Pooh. (My nursery as a baby was in Pooh and I always enjoyed stories and movies about him and the Hundred Acre Wood)


Paxton has been glued to the book since page one. Each day he wants to hear more and each day I have to remind him that we will read more again tomorrow. (Neither one of us is ready for this book to be over. Pax told me he loves when I talk in "Pooh's voice" and "sing the songs in silly voices")
 

 When we got to a chapter about Pooh counting his honey jars, we decided to get our honey jar out and make a honey sandwich. Pax loved it!
And as we finish this book, I reflect on this saying from Pooh to Piglet and wish nothing more than this from me to Paxton....




No comments:

Post a Comment