Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The 2nd Half of Kindergarten

I've been meaning to update the blog for some time now. Unfortunately, I keep getting busy doing other things and forget to post. Things are going wonderful. We hit our half year mark just before Christmas and decided to take a two week break for the holidays just like traditional schools do. Pax had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed every ounce of his time off from school.

The day before we started back to school, I brought out some of Pax's school books and the look on his face said it all! You could tell he had enjoyed his break a lot and when I asked him why he didn't want to get back to doing school again he replied with, "Because it's getting harder." Part of this statement made me laugh but part of it also made me happy. We were finally getting to some of the "meat" and not just reviewing and revisiting things he had already learned from Pre-K.

He is right: the second half of kindergarten is much harder than the first half. I know that this spring semester is going to be more challenging and I might see a little bit  of an attitude when it comes to learning and mastering new skills. I am okay with this, I have been waiting for this, and I want to learn right along with Pax. We are in this thing together and I want to show him every ounce of support that he needs to succeed.

I will continue to keep you all posted but I can't make any promises on how often I will post. Right now I just want to be there for Pax and ensure that he has my undivided attention when it comes to his schooling. I am excited and determined to make this year worth it!

~Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment