Wednesday, December 3, 2014

History Lesson

Is it really December? Pax and I are embarking on week eighteen for school and learning so much. As I reflect on our homeschool experience this morning, I am reminded of why I decided to homeschool to begin with.

Take a look....
                  


This is the fort we made-the secret hide out while we read our history lesson. We started at the table and worked our way over to the love seat near the hallway. History can get a little bit redundant, with all of the reading, and when Pax suggested we build a fort to read in, I was game. And guess what? He was glued to the story and could answer every question I asked about the lesson.

I remember when I was in school and we would do some of our lessons outside or relaxed in comfy chairs or the floor. There is just something about getting out of a hard chair and into a comfortable spot that makes it so much easier to learn and listen.

I am just proud I have this opportunity to learn with him and looking forward to more experiences like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment