Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Finished by 10am

Today we got to experience the really fun part of homeschool; we got to create a schedule at our own pace, do fun things, and stay in our pajamas. And the coolest part of all? We are done with our work and it is only 10am.

The only thing left on our schedule is to learn the new song that helps us memorize our scripture verse for the week and to read from our new Spiderwick book. Both of these things will be done around bedtime or later this afternoon- whichever Paxton decides.

I must admit, it was nice getting back into the groove of actual lesson plans. I am a creature of structure and habit. I usually work best with a to-do-list and my shiny red pen to mark things off. I am a true list maker. (But today I used my hot pink gel pen and I think that's why I am in such a good mood. LOL)

Take a look at what we learned about today:


We started the morning off using the "Handwriting Without Tears" book. I love that Pax already knows his letters from preschool but that he is equally willing to practice and learn more. The book doesn't start in order of the alphabet and I liked this part the best. He is practicing and mastering the big and little letter F. 
*Not pictured* We continued with our reading lesson on "Henny Penny". We used the discussion questions after reading the story. I remember this story from my own childhood. 
Paxton got to watch his first science video and learned about air and what it is and why we have it. We did the science experiments they suggested and one of them was to see if an empty water bottle was really empty. Pax placed the empty bottle in the sink basin full of water. 
And bubbles came out of the water bottle. We learned that even though the bottle appeared empty, it was actually full of air. In order for the water to go into the bottle, the air must come out. Bubbles! 
And finally, we completed our morning learning about the four seasons and the sun and the moon. We each picked two seasons to color on paper and placed them in order. I was a bit surprised how much Pax knew and understood about how the seasons worked and he made this part of our learning quite easy! 

Since we are nearly done for the day, we are going to enjoy some time outside and other activities at home. We hope you have a wonderful day too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment